Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Week 9, Thing 20

You Tube. What a crazy site. My first experience with You Tube was logging on to Instant Messinger and clicking on the You Tube listed on my son's IM. It was spring break. Sure looks like they had a lot of fun (at least it was viewable.) I actually found this video using the tags auburn, spring break on the You Tube site.

I think You Tube is a great way to share anything visually with someone who can't be there, such as video-ing a house in an out-of-town community that you may wish to buy, or taking video and sharing your vacation, or how to make a complicated recipe. Think of how cool it would be to share video of a newborn with family or someone stationed overseas who can't get home for the holidays. For some recent politcal debates, the questions were submitted via You Tube!

But, as mentioned, there is a lot of trash and filth available that you just have to ignore. I guess that comes with the territory.

No comments: