Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22

Downloadable audio books are definitely the wave of the future. I took the tutorial on Overdrive Digital Media. It's very well done and very informative. Our library is looking into downloadable audios to add to our collection. Circulation of our books on cd has risen --many people are enjoying this format.
I think the commute to and from work and vacation roadtrips have bee a big part of this.

Unfortunately, our library does not subscribe to any downloadable audio program so I wasn't able to try this. We have even been asked to subscribe to a product of downloadable video with topics such as Do It Yourself and Recipes. I think we are almost to the point in our community where more customers of our library have computers as opposed to those who don't. Still-----I hope that books don't completely go away because I just don't want to crawl into bed with my computer---yet.

No comments: